Ahhhh. Don’t ya just love the picture on the home page for this post? I love the Texas Hill Country. Add bluebonnets bloomin’ and there is nothing more beautiful. People who think Texas is just a wide open desert with oil wells are sadly mistaken. There are some beautiful areas in the state I love.
One year hubby and I took a weekend trip on our motorcycles to the Hill Country in March when the bluebonnets are in full bloom. It was outstanding. Riding on a bike gives you a much better view of all the wildflowers in bloom. (Thank you Lady Bird Johnson….remind me to tell you about my elevator ride I had with Lady Bird at the LBJ Library sometime….) Besides the view, on a motorcycle you can smell the flowers. It is a full sensory event and wonderful indeed. I hope to maybe do that this year on our motorcycles if we can find the time.
As my mind wandered thinking about Texas and how beautiful the Hill Country is, I started to think about how blessed I truly am. I have no idea why God has decided to bless me, someone who is unworthy of His grace, with so many wonderful gifts. I suppose that is why He is God. He can see past me to what He has created and saved with His grace.
Since Tuesday it has been hard to not be a Gloomy Gus. Tuesday was bad. The next 4 years will be hard, trying and a great change for the America we all know and love and many who read & post here went to war to fight for (thank you veterans!).
No matter who won the election, wouldn’t America still be different after 4 years? America is much different now than when I grew up in the 70′s and 80′s, some of it good change and other not so good. I venture to say that much of the changes in America in the next 4 years will not be good, but I also believe that much of it will be good, very good indeed. We may have to look deep and in different places to find the good, but it will be there, somewhere, in America.
Thinking about all my blessings, the changes to come that are good and bad got me to thinking that we should all take a minute, especially with Thanksgiving approaching, to list things we are blessed with. Surely we can all come up with 5 things…..probably tons more than that.
So, let’s hear it y’all! No Gloomy Gus posts about how we are all doomed today, let’s post blessings instead.
I’ll get us started:
1. I am blessed with my salvation, for which I paid nothing and Jesus paid it all.
2. I am blessed with a wonderful husband that I have been with for almost 20 years. He is the love of my life, my best friend, confidant, defender, lover, most trusted adviser and supporter. He is hot on top of all that!
3. I am blessed with the boy. He is a wonderful child who has been in-trusted to me & his dad to raise and care for. He is the light of my life. I would die any death imaginable to protect him.
4. I am blessed to live in a great country where I can worship as I want, live free and safe. I am protected by men and women who volunteer to fight for my freedoms. Thank you veterans….again!
5. I am blessed with health for my family at this time. I know that it may not always be that way, so for this time of health I am grateful. Along those lines, I am thankful that I can run. Many people can not, I can. I love to run and I am thankful for every run I am healthy enough to take.
What are your blessings? Share or just speak them in your heart today. It will make things look much brighter.
Have a great day!
Texas Bluebonnets & Indian Paintbrushes at Dusk
Prediction: Palin runs for and wins Begich’s Senate seat in 2014, kicks a** in this event May 2015.
Time will tell.
Actually, I agree. Any vote to repeal would be a dog & pony show. No way it makes it to the Senate floor, much less get signed.
If ya can’t sell Big Macs, the economy is super bad.
She works hard for her money, so hard for it honey…..
Blue???? Must be some good weed in San Antonio.
Rest in Peace Coach.
Oh good, I was worried a hyped up sexy ad would not be shown during the Super Bowl.
Hmmmm, Obama is re-elected & BAM….Wall Street freaks.
All future male GOP candidates need to be prepared to define rape…the left’s new tactic, it worked in 2012 ya know.
Just the beginning.
Oh goody! I can’t wait to vote for him. (Insert eye roll here)
I nursed the boy exclusively for 18 months so I support it, but this is unnecessary.
I ran this Sunday. We ran slow but had a great time visiting the whole way.